Friday, June 8, 2012

playing nice: tattoos

in honor of my newest endeavor tomorrow morning (new tattoo, many years in the making!), i thought i would share my thoughts and stance on tattoos. it's still odd to me that tattoos are still taboo in a world that has made such strides on the acceptance front. odd. not shocking, as there are many prejudices greater that are still being overcome. that's another blog.

anyways, as long as i can remember, i have LOVED tattoos. my uncle was a huge part of my life and since i was veryyy young, he has had tattoos, crazy hair colors and unorthodox sized holes in his ears, but to me, he was just my favorite person in the world. because of that, i never found tattoos to be odd. they were a normal thing in my family. my mom has one. my brother has many. my aunt and cousin and a majority of my friends now have tattoos, as we have grown older. which is why it's very strange for me to read various blogs about people getting rude remarks from complete strangers about their choice to place permanent art on their own bodies.

i find danielle's blog to be wonderful, and she has several posts about tattoos and even a tattoo tuesday series that i love. so when i saw this post she made while writing for hello giggles, i wanted to share it with anyone reading. not because i consider myself heavily tattooed or that i have been outwardly and unfairly judged because of them (that i know of), but because in a world full of judgements from those who don't have the right and poor assumptions, i ask that instead, you be respectful of others choices. god knows we don't need more negativity in this world... and so i conclude, if you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all ;)

here are some of my current tattoos, i will share my new one soon...


silly matching one with my fav ali :)
says B.O.R.-- inside-ish joke ;)

 there are prob more on my instagram (aliivb)

thanks for letting my toss my opinion your way! happy weekend :)

xxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment